Fandom accentuated their similarities without really looking too deeply into their fundamental differences. I think Sherlock and Mycroft deserve an analysis that looks into them as individuals
- Why at first glance Sherlock and Mycroft appear similar
- Why they have a close relationship but one that is formed in adulthood and still developing.
- The fundamental differences in their choice of careers
- Their personalities - Sherlock is not a distorted reflection of Mycroft.
- What this can tell us about their actual childhood.